21 April, 2010

The Time Has Come

My papa is finally having his surgery tomorrow. It's been a long wait but will soon be over. I want to know how everything goes, but, at the same time I dont because I won't think about it if I'm not updated and therefore I won't get stressed at work. I can just get through work and then call my mom when I get off. One of my biggest appreciations is that this is over with before I leave. I would HATE to be out of the country when he had surgery, even if everything turned out fine. I just want to be able to call and know that it's okay. I want to know that he's going to be able to recover well.
He's strong so I don't doubt that everything will be okay, there's just always that chance. After my mom's dad died during open heart surgery I know she's been thinking about that a lot and wondering if something similar will happen again. Granted technology is much improved from when she was 5yrs old, I know that won't keep her from worrying. I pray that she can have peace and strength to go through this. I'm thankful that her mom and sister are going to be there with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment