07 October, 2009

Selfish Apologies

I try to speak, but the words won't come.I want to say it will all be okay. I want to tell you it will all work out in the end. I see the pain behind your eyes and I can't look at you, knowing that I could cause you pain for any reason crushes me. I turn my face down and stare at the ground, maybe if I don't look it won't be real. A tear rolls down my cheek and all I can do is tell you I'm sorry. I never meant for this to be so difficult. I'm terrified, of you and of losing you too.

Please believe me when I say I never meant to hurt you.

I look back up at your eyes and a wave of guilt washes over me. How could I be so selfish? You're standing in front of me hurting and not blaming me for one second of it. All you want is for me to understand. All I can do is torture myself for what I could never have controlled. The only thing I can think of to make any of this easier; pray that God will take care of it. Let Him have it all and go along for the crazy twisting ride He has in store for us through this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment