24 February, 2010

Comfort in Uncertainty

I found out that my Papa(my mom's step-dad) collapsed yesterday morning and was taken to the er by ambulance. My parents headed to AL to be with him and my Grannie to help however they could. A few hours after recieving that phone call I get an update that he has two different flu viruses and a third unknown infection. They put him in the ICU to keep him under close watch and started doing tests to try and figure out with this other infection was. I guess while running these tests they found a spot on his liver. Now, they are running even more tests and we have no new information. Just more questions. Wont find out about the spot till Thursday after they get the results back from thoes tests.

I feel like I should be scared out of my mind by all of this and yet I'm not. I'm not perfectly fine of course, but I can handle my day to day stuff. Mentally I'm okay and I can cope pretty well, physically my body is not handling the stress as well. I've felt like crap since I found out he was in the hospital yesterday. I know, no matter what happens in all of this, that God is there for all of us. He's definitly been holding onto me and keeping me safe. I know, because a year ago if this had happened I would be completely freaked out and worrying constantly about what his condition is. I would have told my boss Tuesday when I found out he was in the hospital that I was leaving, after being at work for 5mins, so that I could go to AL with my parents. I know He's protecting me because my friends have been around encouraging me and praying for me. I know because my mom has made it there are back home twice in the last two days. I can't pretend like He isn't watching over my family and I. I can't pretend I haven't felt His loving arms comforting me these past two days. I've never felt so protected by Him before, there is no way I'd make it through this without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment